* announce: nnmaildir 2001.07.30
@ 2001-07-30  6:42 Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-07-30  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

<URL:http://multivac.cwru.edu./nnmaildir/>
CHANGES:
  bufixes:
    - narrow to header before nnheader-parse-head
  features:
    - server parameter get-new-mail allows traditional mail splitting
With mail splitting, I think nnmaildir should now have all the
functionality of nnml, along with some extras.  I've been told
nnmaildir feels faster than nnml, at least on ReiserFS.  Still,
nnmaildir may not be for everyone.  It uses twice as many inodes as
nnml.  Half of these are for small files (~200 bytes each), which
aren't handled well by block-structured filesystems.

paul

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-07-30  6:42 UTC | newest]