* posting-styles and Return-Path:?
@ 2000-05-23 12:25 Pavel Janík ml.
From: Pavel Janík ml. @ 2000-05-23 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have something like this in my .gnus:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
         (signature-file "~/.Emacs/Signatures/Signature-Linux")
         (name "Pavel Janík ml.")
         (address "Pavel.Janik@linux.cz")
         (organization "Czech Linux Users' Group"))
        ("^Incoming"
         (signature-file "~/.Emacs/Signatures/Signature")
         (organization nil)
         (address "Pavel@mydomain.cz"))
        ("^INET"
         (signature-file "~/.Emacs/Signatures/Signature-Qbizm")
         (organization "Qbizm technologies, Inc.")
         (address "Pavel.Janik@qbizm.com"))))

So when I'm in folder Incoming, I'd like to send mail with From:
Pavel@mydomain.cz in headers. Ok, it works, but when this mail is sent, it
has this line in the header:

I do not want it. When I comment all posting-styles it uses only my primary
address which is customized to be different from Pavel.Janik@linux.cz. So
the linux.cz address is taken from posting-styles (see ".*"). I assume that
there is something wrong with parsing the posting-styles or with the
composition of headers (or with my sendmail :-). Do you see this behaviour
too?
--
Pavel Janík ml.
Pavel.Janik@linux.cz