* All Power to Gnus-Agent!
@ 1999-09-24 22:49 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-09-24 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

OFF-LINERS take heart!

Its high time the "agent" flexed its muscles and took control of its
files.

No more special rights and privileges for pampered "mail backend"
files.

We, the underpriviledged numeric files, assembled under ~/News/agent/*
demand equal treatment.

o We demand the right to have  every manner of clever "expiry" rule used
  on us.

o We demand the right to be summarily dismissed with `B G del'.

o We demand the right to not be seen as lowly NNTP files that gnus can
  only display and mark in ingenious ways.  After all we are fully owned
  by and are the property of, the one true "Agent".  We live on user
  disk space and demand concomitant treatment.

[to Lars]
Any heretofore "mail" mark, expiry rule, deletion technique, or other
function is hereby requested to be empowered for us "agent files".

[to Kai]

We're coming after nnir next...

* Re: All Power to Gnus-Agent!
@ 1999-09-25 10:19 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-09-25 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Any heretofore "mail" mark, expiry rule, deletion technique, or other
> function is hereby requested to be empowered for us "agent files".

:-)

I don't think that's likely to happen in the near future, though.