* Authentification on servers using rlogin method, or similar..
@ 1999-07-13 21:43 Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 1999-07-13 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am doing something like:

(nntp "news5.newsfeeds.com"
      (nntp-address "firewall")
      (nntp-open-connection-function nntp-open-rlogin)
      (nntp-end-of-line "\n")
      (nntp-rlogin-program "/home/aes/scripts/ssh-tunnel.pl")
      (nntp-rlogin-parameters
       ("80" "news5.newsfeeds.com" "119")))

to issue something like:
   /home/aes/scripts/ssh-tunnel.pl firewall 80 news5.newsfeeds.com 119

ssh-tunnel uses the proxy command CONNECT (used by https) to connect
to news5.newsfeeds.com, and then leave the command to gnus..

It works fine, except that it asks for the user/pass for "firewall",
not "news5.newsfeeds.com", making it troublesome connecting to other
newsservers needing authentification..

Has this been up for discussion?

	/Andy

p.s. Works excelently for hosts not needing user/pass

* Re: Authentification on servers using rlogin method, or similar..
@ 1999-08-27 18:14 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-08-27 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrew Markebo <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:

> It works fine, except that it asks for the user/pass for "firewall",
> not "news5.newsfeeds.com", making it troublesome connecting to other
> newsservers needing authentification..

I don't think passwords for authentication of the middle link is
possible.  The middle link must be authenticated in other ways.