* 2 Agent behaviors
@ 1999-08-20  0:59 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-08-20  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

PartI:

What the heck is wrong on my end to cause this behavior?

Start gnus  run J s (download to agent) go unplugged and view the
oldest messages in gnu.emacs.gnus  (by entering C-u <RET>)

Oldest displayed article is July 27.  Close gnus close emacs.
Restart emacs then `M-x gnus-unplugged'.

Gnus starts... enter gnu.emacs.gnus with `C-u <RET>':
Oldest displayed article is Jul 13

Why the different displays?   And why aren't articles downloaded since
gnus-0.91 release install (approx July 4) being displayed?

PartII:

One of my agent categories, downloads messages who's subjects begin
with 'Re: '

All the messages whos subjects do not begin with 'Re: ' have only
headers downloaded.   All as it should be.  But now I am accumulating
many bodyless messages that I would like to get rid of.

Agent expiry seems to have no controls other than setting a cutoff date.
Deletion is not allowed in nnpt groups.

How are people getting rid of unwanted Headers?