* Catching up topics
@ 1999-07-05 16:07 Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 1999-07-05 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

In pgnus 0.91 I can catch up all the groups in a topic by hitting # c y
(or c y since I have rebound 'c' to work on topic lines, but one must
normally hit # first).

This is well, but if the topic is hidden, like my sent-mail topic often
is, and I try and do the same, then although the groups are caught-up,
the topic lines are not updated.  I tried to look into fixing this, but
got confused.  I note that the function
gnus-topic-update-topics-containing-group contains the comment

	;; This is probably not entirely correct.  If a topic
	;; isn't shown, then it's not updated.  But the updating
	;; should be performed in any case, since the topic's
	;; parent should be updated.  Pfft.

which might be relevant. I'm not sure what Pfft means, though :-)

* Re: Catching up topics
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-03 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

paul stevenson <spaul@mail.phy.ornl.gov> writes:

> with the point on a topic line, # c does catchup all the groups in the
> topic, but the numbers of unread files in the topic line (and parent
> topics) remains unchanged. Also the process marks need to be cleared
> manually (this may be a feature, I don't know).

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.76.

* Re: Catching up topics
       [not found] ` <m390eqmkyi.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
@ 1999-02-03 16:51   ` paul stevenson
From: paul stevenson @ 1999-02-03 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In gnu.emacs.gnus, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <lmi@gnus.org> wrote:

> paul stevenson <spaul@mail.phy.ornl.gov> writes:
>
> > With the point on a topic I can mark all the groups in said topic with a
> > swift pressing of '#' but can only catchup with c by moving to a line
> > with one of the groups  on it, which is a bit tedious if I have folded
> > away the listing of the topic contents.
>
> Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.74.

Now (in pgnus v0.75) I get the following behaviour:

with the point on a topic line, # c does catchup all the groups in the
topic, but the numbers of unread files in the topic line (and parent
topics) remains unchanged. Also the process marks need to be cleared
manually (this may be a feature, I don't know).

Paul