* To file or not to file
@ 1999-02-04  1:00 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-04  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I first made the MIME->MML conversion use temporary files for the
contents of non-textual parts.  Then I though that cleaning up lots of
files afterwards is kinda boring, so I made it use buffers instead.
But those also have to be cleaned up afterwards.  *sigh*

Perhaps I should lay off the, er, uhm.  I wish I had something to lay
off of.  Off.  Er.

Anyway.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: To file or not to file
@ 1999-02-04  2:39 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1999-02-04  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

LMI> I first made the MIME->MML conversion use temporary files for the
LMI> contents of non-textual parts.  Then I though that cleaning up lots of
LMI> files afterwards is kinda boring, so I made it use buffers instead.
LMI> But those also have to be cleaned up afterwards.  *sigh*

How about using (offset, length) of *Original Article* buffer? Then,
only one buffer needs to be cleaned up afterwards.

--
Shenghuo

* Re: To file or not to file
@ 1999-02-04 16:39   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-04 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> How about using (offset, length) of *Original Article* buffer? Then,
> only one buffer needs to be cleaned up afterwards.

Well, that would break if the user selected some other article while
editing an article.  But as that isn't possible today (I mean, editing
one article while selecting another article from the same group),
perhaps it is OK.

But I think perhaps that the editing commands should start using a
different buffer than the article buffer to avoid editing changes
being flushed by accidentally selecting some other article while
editing.