* gnus-picons-mode conflict in article buffer?
@ 1999-01-09 17:23 The King of France
From: The King of France @ 1999-01-09 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried out the picons stuff, and it seems to conflict with the
article mode by chaning the major mode in the article buffer.  Here is
the picons stuff I have in my .gnus:

       (setq gnus-picons-piconsearch-url nil)
       (setq gnus-picons-database "/usr/pub/faces")
       (add-hook 'gnus-article-display-hook 'gnus-smiley-display t)
       (add-hook 'gnus-article-display-hook 'gnus-article-display-picons t)
       (add-hook 'gnus-article-display-hook 'gnus-picons-article-display-x-face t)
       (setq gnus-picons-group-excluded-groups ".*")
       (setq gnus-picons-display-where 'article)
       (setq gnus-use-picons t)

when I read an article, the major-mode variable has the value
'gnus-picons-mode.  This makes the function gnus-article-check-buffer
complain during various operations (like using a function from the
pop-up menu of mime functions).  I think this is a bug and the
major-mode should stay 'gnus-article-mode.

using pgnus-0.69.

Cheers,
Doug

* Re: gnus-picons-mode conflict in article buffer?
@ 1999-01-12  6:24 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-01-12  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

The King of France <kof@dejanews.com> writes:

> I tried out the picons stuff, and it seems to conflict with the
> article mode by chaning the major mode in the article buffer.

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.70.