* gnus-auto-select-subject 'last-sessions-subject
@ 2011-08-08  3:39 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2011-08-08  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

  gnus-auto-select-subject is a variable defined in `gnus-sum.el'.
  This variable can either be the symbols `first' (place point on the
  first subject), `unread' (place point on the subject line of the first...

Ho hum. Ah, but how about also 'where we were last time reading this group'?
Gnus could track that too, just like it tracks states of articles.
Indeed, hundreds of marks tracked already. Tracking one more "mark":
"which article were we reading last" wouldn't cost too much, and would
greatly give gnus an "edge" over the "competition". Go for it, dude.

Overkill for me, I wouldn't use it, but as a marketing ploy... gnus
stock would out beat Google Groups before close of the market.

* Re: gnus-auto-select-subject 'last-sessions-subject
@ 2011-08-18  0:30 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-08-18  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Overkill for me, I wouldn't use it, but as a marketing ploy... gnus
> stock would out beat Google Groups before close of the market.

:-)  It sounds vaguely useful, but probably not useful enough to warrant
implementing.