* Latest git pull fails to open nnimap server
@ 2010-10-13 21:31 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2010-10-13 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Warning: Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Denied server nnimap+privat; Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Unable to open server nnimap+privat due to: Invalid format character: `%s'

The server is a dovecot 1.2.13, IMAPS is the protocol, and this is the
(slightly anonymized) server definition:
        (nnimap "privat"
		(nnimap-address "imap.mydomain.no")
                (nnir-search-engine imap)
                (nnimap-stream ssl))

* Re: Latest git pull fails to open nnimap server
@ 2010-10-13 21:38 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-13 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Warning: Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Denied server nnimap+privat; Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Unable to open server nnimap+privat due to: Invalid format character: `%s'

Geez.  I should have checked that code before committing.  But it looked
so obvious!  :-)

Fix pushed now.

* Re: Latest git pull fails to open nnimap server
@ 2010-10-14  1:33   ` Kan-Ru Chen
From: Kan-Ru Chen @ 2010-10-14  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>
>> Warning: Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Denied server
>> nnimap+privat; Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Unable to
>> open server nnimap+privat due to: Invalid format character: `%s'
>
> Geez.  I should have checked that code before committing.  But it looked
> so obvious!  :-)
>
> Fix pushed now.

I get this now, fresh git pull

Warning: Opening nnimap server on private...failed: ; Denied server nnimap+private; Opening nnimap server on private...failed: ; Unable to open server nnimap+private due to: Wrong type argument: listp, "openssl s_client %s -connect %h:%p -no_ssl2 -ign_eof -starttls imap"

The server is

 (nnimap "private"
         (nnimap-stream starttls)
         (nnir-search-engine imap))

* Re: Latest git pull fails to open nnimap server
@ 2010-10-14  6:07   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2010-10-14  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>> Warning: Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Denied server nnimap+privat; Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Unable to open server nnimap+privat due to: Invalid format character: `%s'

> Geez.  I should have checked that code before committing.  But it looked
> so obvious!  :-)

> Fix pushed now.

Verified fixed.

* Re: Latest git pull fails to open nnimap server
@ 2010-10-14  7:35     ` Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2010-10-14  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Kan-Ru Chen <kanru@kanru.info> writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>>
>>> Warning: Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Denied server
>>> nnimap+privat; Opening nnimap server on privat...failed: ; Unable to
>>> open server nnimap+privat due to: Invalid format character: `%s'
>>
>> Geez.  I should have checked that code before committing.  But it looked
>> so obvious!  :-)
>>
>> Fix pushed now.
>
> I get this now, fresh git pull
>
> Warning: Opening nnimap server on private...failed: ; Denied server
> nnimap+private; Opening nnimap server on private...failed: ; Unable to
> open server nnimap+private due to: Wrong type argument: listp,
> "openssl s_client %s -connect %h:%p -no_ssl2 -ign_eof -starttls imap"

same problem here.

btw, isn't it supposed to use gnutls-cli when availlable ?

HTH,
--
Rémi

* Re: Latest git pull fails to open nnimap server
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-14 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Kan-Ru Chen <kanru@kanru.info> writes:

> I get this now, fresh git pull
>
> Warning: Opening nnimap server on private...failed: ; Denied server nnimap+private; Opening nnimap server on private...failed: ; Unable to open server nnimap+private due to: Wrong type argument: listp, "openssl s_client %s -connect %h:%p -no_ssl2 -ign_eof -starttls imap"

You'd almost suspect I hadn't actually tested this...

Fixed now and pushed.