* Recommended method for regenerating nntp nov database?
@ 2003-12-28 17:50 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2003-12-28 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm working on a private news server that previously had generated
incorrect "References:" lines.  I have fixed the problem with that
server, and now I want to regenerate the nov database for that nntp
group, so that the threading is set up properly in Gnus.

What is the recommended method for regenerating the nov database for an
nntp group?  I have only been able to a function for doing that to nnml
groups.  Also, I tried `gnus-server-regenerate-server', but it told me
that the backend doesn't support regeneration.

Thanks in advance,

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: Recommended method for regenerating nntp nov database?
@ 2003-12-28 20:47 ` Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2003-12-28 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> [ ... ]
>
> What is the recommended method for regenerating the nov database for an
> nntp group?  [ ... ]

Never mind.  I realize now that this info is generated at run time via
the thread gathering and sorting functions.  I previously had set the
`gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function' to
`gnus-gather-threads-by-subject'.  Once I changed that to
`gnus-gather-threads-by-references', my nntp group appeared in the
correct order.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com