* Suggestion: gnus variable checker thing
@ 2001-01-04  6:06 Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2001-01-04  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know the right words to explain what I want, so I'm going to
try and it's going to come out funny, so please don't laugh. :-)

A few times I've been caught by upgrades where I've had an "old"
variable in my .gnus or .emacs that did something, and then Gnus
changed from underneath me, and then I had to spend a long time fixing
it.

Any way we could have some kind of automatic thing that checked for
the setting of certain variables and tossed out warnings that said
something like:

*** gnus-foo is deprecated, use gnus-article-bar instead ***

Hopefully the general point of what I'm trying to express will come
out more clearly than this description reads.

Jack.
(I'm sober, too...)
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at tbe dot net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-04  6:06 UTC | newest]