Hi Everyone! Okay, I checked into the problems that gnus has with Crypto MIME and modified message-options-set-recipient by reusing some mailcrypt functionality as well as some own little additions. I also made specifying recipients in the encryption tag work. It is still very much a cludge - but at least it makes the stuff work for now. Furthermore I have modified the bbdb-gpg.el stuff to integrate better with the new way of handling it and wrote a bunch of functions to make it more comfortable. Some of them are meant for being used as keybindings. Personally I use F1 gnus-set-pgp-sign F2 gnus-set-pgp-encrypt F3 gnus-set-pgp-encrypt-with-recipients F4 gnus-set-pgp-none when composing mail. This code generates the following behaviour: When composing mail you can toggle the crypto setting between signed / encrypted / encrypted with explicit recipients / nothing by pressing F1, F2, F3, F4. When sending mail it checks the BBDB for the pgp-mail field of the recipient. If it is set to encrypt, the encryption tag is automatically inserted and the mail is being sent. If the pgp-mail field is set to sign, it is set to sign and the mail is being sent. If nothing can be found in the BBDB and it doesn't see any crypto tag specification, it asks whether it should sign the mail. Yes sets signing tag and sends it out. No makes it ask whether it should maybe be encrypted. Yes sets the encryption tag and sends it out. No sends it out plain. In case of an encryption tag when sending the mail, the user is prompted for recipients. The default is normally the contents of the To, Cc and Bcc fields - if the recipients have been specified explicitly, that is the default to prompt with. I made it always prompt as I like making sure that the crypto settings are correct. You can disable the "if there is no setting I probably forgot" behaviour by simply leaving out some of the hooks. This is _almost_ what I want. Now I would love some sort of crypto-mail-aliases that allows translating certain recipients into others or even groups of recipients. Then I'd be entirely happy. All my code is under the GPL (of course) so in case you want to try it out or use it as the basis for a better solution, you'll find it appended here. It isn't beautiful but it works... ,-) Regards, Georg