* View gzipped attachment
@ 1999-11-13 17:36 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-11-13 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Date: 13 Nov 1999 09:36:43 -0800

Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.im.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> > Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> writes:
> >
> > > Does "/home/foe" contain the .glimpse* runtime files?
> >
> > OOps sorry for the above question... I just gunzipped your
> > backtrace..  he he.
> >
> > Incidently can one view a gzipped attachment without saving
> > ,gunzipping and C-x C-f.
>
> Try help on gnus-article-mime-part-function.

Does a user really have to write custom elisp to view a gzipped or
even a tar.gz attachment without saving?  Seems this should be built in.

* Re: View gzipped attachment
@ 1999-11-15 19:34 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-15 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Does a user really have to write custom elisp to view a gzipped or
> even a tar.gz attachment without saving?  Seems this should be built in.

Uhm -- you can view a gzipped file -- `i' over the button will insert
it in the buffer.  Of course, it'll look like junk, though.  :-)

Perhaps that earlier idea of writing "chains of viewers" would be nice
anyway, but it's kinda outside the scope of the MIME support.  The
MIME content-types do not nest.

* Re: View gzipped attachment
@ 1999-11-17  3:13   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-11-17  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > Does a user really have to write custom elisp to view a gzipped or
> > even a tar.gz attachment without saving?  Seems this should be built in.
>
> Uhm -- you can view a gzipped file -- `i' over the button will insert
> it in the buffer.  Of course, it'll look like junk, though.  :-)

This is only useful if you are into devil worship ( he he) looks like
glossolalia.