* Funny gcc behavior
@ 1999-10-28 18:36 Ben Rogers
From: Ben Rogers @ 1999-10-28 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've set up the "gcc-self" group parameter to make copies of most of
my sent messages to two separate groups (usually the group handling
the list and my own "sent" folder).  This action exactly mimics that
of my `nnmail-split-fancy'.  Or so I thought.

The problem I see is that Gcc (via `gnus-inews-do-gcc') handles these
two groups as separate archive actions, while both
`gnus-summary-respool-article' and whatever function actually stores
incoming mail (`nnmail-split-incoming'?) handles the two groups as a
single action, creating the proper `Xref' field in the message and
using only a single file linked to by both nnml directories.

Is this intended behavior?  I'm guessing that `gnus-inews-do-gcc'
ought to be fixed to mimic the actions of the normal splitting
mechanism.  I'd be happy to investigate a fix, but don't want to do
this if someone else has already looked into it.

ben

* Re: Funny gcc behavior
@ 1999-11-07  0:10 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-07  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ben Rogers <brogers@columbus.rr.com> writes:

> The problem I see is that Gcc (via `gnus-inews-do-gcc') handles these
> two groups as separate archive actions, while both
> `gnus-summary-respool-article' and whatever function actually stores
> incoming mail (`nnmail-split-incoming'?) handles the two groups as a
> single action, creating the proper `Xref' field in the message and
> using only a single file linked to by both nnml directories.
>
> Is this intended behavior?

Yes.