* bug testing: second digest
@ 1999-03-31  8:28 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 1999-03-31  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Topics:
   Re: PF_INET6 on non-ipv6 kernels

Date: 30 Mar 1999 22:36:13 +0200
From: Andi Kleen <ak@muc.de>
Subject: Re: PF_INET6 on non-ipv6 kernels

jgmyers@netscape.com  (John Myers) writes:

> kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> > This would be reasonable if some IPv6 API really existed. 8)
>
> It does exist, and is published as RFC 2133.

Which covers only the basic API, and already has a successor as
ietf draft. The extended API which is needed for many applications
is still in flux.

- Andi

- -
This is like TV. I don't like TV.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:04:40 -0300
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Horacio_J=2E_Pe=F1a?= <horape@tinuviel.compendium.com.ar>

 Hola!

> > The IPv6 people considers RFC 2133 obsolete.
> Care to provide a reference to back your claim?  I cannot find any
> relevant internet drafts, other than
> draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-03.txt which is not a kernel issue.
draft-ietf-ipngwg-bsd-api-new-06.txt

					HoraPe
- --
Horacio J. PeЯa
horape@compendium.com.ar
horape@uninet.edu
bofh@puntoar.net.ar
horape@hcdn.gov.ar

End of forward1646SUa Digest

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-03-31  8:28 UTC | newest]