* Fancy splitting: storing outgoing messages in the same folder
@ 1997-04-06  0:14 Matt Pharr
From: Matt Pharr @ 1997-04-06  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm making the big switch to using gnus for mail as well as news (now
placing all of my life under the rule of xemacs), and would like to save
outoging messages to people in the same nnfolder folder that incoming
messages from them are saved in. I've read the FAQ! I've read and re-read
the "Fancy Mail Splitting" section of the manual (and it befuddles me)!
I've checked out peoples' gnus.el files at
<URL:http://superdave.socom.com/gnus/>, but I still can't figure it out.

I've got myself in Bcc in the default headers, and need to get splitting to
do the rest of it. Given something like this:

(setq nnmail-split-abbrev-alist
      (append
       (list '(friends	.	"foo\\|bar")
	     '(me	.	"mmp")
	     '(to	.	"to")
	     '(subject     . "subject")
             '(from        . "from"))))

I'd like to do someting like:

(setq nnmail-split-fancy
      '(| (from friends "mail.friends")
	  (from me and to friends "mail.friends")   ;; <-- ack!
	  (from me "mail.mmp")
	  "mail.misc"))

Thanks in advance for any help...

-matt