* gnus batch agent
@ 2011-03-19 12:03 Erik Colson
From: Erik Colson @ 2011-03-19 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ehlo,

Quoting this from the manual:

    6.9.13 Batching Agents

    Having the Gnus Agent fetch articles (and post whatever messages
    you've written) is quite easy once you've gotten things set up
    properly. The following shell script will do everything that is
    necessary:

    You can run a complete batch command from the command line with the
    following incantation:

    #!/bin/sh
    emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs -l ~/.gnus.el -f gnus-agent-batch >/dev/null 2>&1

My question:

Is it allowed to run this in a separate session ? I mean, would this
harm anything if I run this from a terminal while I'm actively reading
mails/news in gnus ?

Best

--
erik colson
ecocode.net

* Re: gnus batch agent
@ 2011-03-29 18:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-03-29 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Erik Colson <eco@ecocode.net> writes:

> Is it allowed to run this in a separate session ? I mean, would this
> harm anything if I run this from a terminal while I'm actively reading
> mails/news in gnus ?

It shouldn't.