* Re: read article with whole screen with one keystroke
       [not found] <m3tyl5k3d9.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
@ 2010-10-23  4:29 ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-10-23  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bugs; +Cc: ding

LMI> Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

>> In the summary window we hit SPC or RET to read an article.
>> All is well except on important articles. For important articles we
>> wish to devote the whole screen to them. We wish the summary buffer
>> would go away. So we must hit RET M-x 0, or SPC M-x 0.
>> So there ought to be a additional single key, y or z I suppose, to do
>> this. Otherwise each user must do it themselves.

LMI> I've now changed `h' to do this.

All I know is
   h runs the command gnus-summary-select-article-buffer, which is an
   interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.

   It is bound to h, <menu-bar> <Article> <Select article buffer>.

   (gnus-summary-select-article-buffer)

   Reconfigure windows to show the article buffer.

For me all that happens now is the cursor gets put into the *Article
buffer*. What fun is that?

Oh, I see, you forgot to mention there in the docstring that one needs
to do (setq gnus-widen-article-window t) first!!

* Re: read article with whole screen with one keystroke
@ 2010-10-23 15:40   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2010-10-23 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jidanni; +Cc: bugs, ding

On Sat, Oct 23 2010, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

> Oh, I see, you forgot to mention there in the docstring that one needs
> to do (setq gnus-widen-article-window t) first!!

can we come up with a better name?  I mean, `widen' in Emacs speak is
not what this variable is about.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: read article with whole screen with one keystroke
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-24  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> Oh, I see, you forgot to mention there in the docstring that one needs
>> to do (setq gnus-widen-article-window t) first!!
>
> can we come up with a better name?  I mean, `widen' in Emacs speak is
> not what this variable is about.

Sure.  Suggestions?

* Re: read article with whole screen with one keystroke
@ 2010-10-24  2:53   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-24  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Oh, I see, you forgot to mention there in the docstring that one needs
> to do (setq gnus-widen-article-window t) first!!

Ok; fixed.

* Re: read article with whole screen with one keystroke
@ 2010-10-25 18:29       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-10-25 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 04:52:01 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>>> Oh, I see, you forgot to mention there in the docstring that one needs
>>> to do (setq gnus-widen-article-window t) first!!
>>
>> can we come up with a better name?  I mean, `widen' in Emacs speak is
>> not what this variable is about.

LMI> Sure.  Suggestions?

gnus-zoom-article-window
gnus-fullscreen ;; since this would be a good setting in general
gnus-fullscreen-article-window
gnus-oldskool-article-window
gnus-party-like-its-1999-article-window

Ted

* Re: read article with whole screen with one keystroke
@ 2010-10-26  0:30         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-26  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> gnus-zoom-article-window
> gnus-fullscreen ;; since this would be a good setting in general
> gnus-fullscreen-article-window
> gnus-oldskool-article-window
> gnus-party-like-its-1999-article-window

I think widen-...-window seems clearer, actually.  Although you can
widen buffers, "widening" a window doesn't have a previous meaning, so
unless there's a previous Emacs naming pattern for this kind of thing, I
think it might just be left as is it.