* nnrss and podcasts
@ 2005-12-18 17:49 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2005-12-18 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just to see what happened I went to http://nrk.no/podcast and
subscribed to a podcast, to see what the results looked like.

The results were actually pretty promising.  I got a readable summary
buffer, and the articles had a readable description, followed by a
clickable URL.  I clicked the URL, and unsurprisingly Opera asked me
of it should download or Open the file.  I clicked on "Open" for a
change.  Then Opera downloaded the file, and once more asked me if I
should Open it.  I clicked on "OK", and it opened and started playing
the MP3 file in Noatun (this is on KDE).

So for playback on my laptop, I guess Gnus would do as a client.  It
could be a bit smoother.  Ie. skip Opera alltogether and just download
the MP3 and send it directly to a sound player.  Does anyone else have
experiences with this?

Also for managing an MP3 player, ie. syncing new files over, deleting
old and played files, I guess there's quite a few pieces missing.  Has
anyone thought about implementing something in emacs lisp?

Thanx!

- Steinar