* X-Face in summary buffer
@ 2004-04-02 16:38 Patrice Neff
From: Patrice Neff @ 2004-04-02 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I came across a cool summary improvement today. This guy
http://www.nijino.com/ari/emacs/gnus.html has written an extension to
display X-Faces in the summary buffer.

But it seems only to work on Emacs. Has someone been able to run this
with XEmacs?

Regards,
Patrice

--
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes
to the Father except through me."               (The Bible, John 14:6)

* Re: X-Face in summary buffer
@ 2004-05-16 13:16 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-05-16 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I came across a cool summary improvement today. This guy
> http://www.nijino.com/ari/emacs/gnus.html has written an extension to
> display X-Faces in the summary buffer.

Cool.  Perhaps this should be integrated into Gnus?

> But it seems only to work on Emacs. Has someone been able to run this
> with XEmacs?

If you use the Gnus compatibility image functions (ie.,
`gnus-put-image' and friends), it should be pretty easy to write
stuff that works on both Emacsen.  However, I haven't looked at the
code, so I don't really know.  :-)