Hi Simon, || On 10 Apr 2001 12:50:40 +0200 || Simon Josefsson wrote: >> The biggest problem was that the gnus crypto function didn't work >> since it gave mailcrypt the buffer to encrypt that didn't contain >> headers so mailcrypt had no way to determine who to encrypt it >> for. sj> Weird, this is definitely not the case for me. Could you tell sj> why `message-options-set-recipient' function fail to figure out sj> recipients? Or if there's some problem in mml2015 when mailcrypt sj> is given the information snarfed from the *mail* buffer? I'm suspecting you are not using Crypto-*MIME* but rather encrypt the whole buffer as it is (which is the old way gnus used to do it). I have been doing it myself but a lot of non-gnus users have problems with it... also if there is a standard one should stick to it. And when using Crypto-MIME, mailcrypt never ever sees the headers (which is as it should be) - it is gnus' job to figure out the recipients and the last time I tried (CVS version about three months ago), it didn't do it. So I wrote these other functions. >> Also when I got it to work half-way I realized that CC and BCC >> were ignored. sj> Right, `message-options-set-recipient' only look at the To: sj> header. Exactly. Which is stupid. Unless the others are also you (which is not the standard case, imho), they won't be able to read the mail then. So why bother sending it to them at all? >> Also I wanted a nice way to determine whether to encrypt or sign >> that I could toggle while composing the mail. sj> Hm, `C-c RET s p' or `C-c RET c p'? ...does pretty much the same. But only almost. It only encrypts the following part, not the whole message. When I encrypt I normally want the whole thing encrypted... otherwise you run a high chance to insert another part and accidentally lose encryption that way. >> What is also nice is an easy way to include public keys into the >> mail with correct MIME type. The solution I have is ugly but I >> didn't have time to think about something better and for now it >> works. sj> Ah, this is really useful. So glad you agree. :-) sj> Is there a MIME type for pgp public sj> keys? Yes: application/pgp-keys sj> Cool. I'm still using the mailcrypt default bindings which gets sj> me a nice menu where I can choice to insert my public key as a sj> block. ...which requires much more action on the receiving part to import the key. With a proper MIME part, a good mailreader can import that key with a single keystroke. Regards, Georg -- Georg C. F. Greve Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org) Brave GNU World (http://brave-gnu-world.org)