* Broken patches due to MML
@ 1998-12-02 17:07 Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1998-12-02 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

sometimes it is really necessary to include the unspeakable
less-than-hash-part sequence verbatim. For example gnus patches:
The 0.56 patch sent over ding-patches@gnus.org was broken, because MML
munged any occurances of the forbidden word into MIME separators.

Is this brokenness in MML, the send-patch-mechanism, or both?

Is there a way to quote this? Does message automatically quote any
occurances inside a part I insert?

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>

* Re: Broken patches due to MML
@ 1998-12-03 10:28 ` Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1998-12-03 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> writes:

> sometimes it is really necessary to include the unspeakable
> less-than-hash-part sequence verbatim. For example gnus patches:
> The 0.56 patch sent over ding-patches@gnus.org was broken, because MML
> munged any occurances of the forbidden word into MIME separators.

Yeah, and here was me thinking it was me that was broken :)

> Is this brokenness in MML, the send-patch-mechanism, or both?

send-patch-mechanism (See below)

> Is there a way to quote this? Does message automatically quote any
> occurances inside a part I insert?

There is a way to quote the part thingies which I can't actually
remember at the moment, and no message doesn't automatically quote them
because it is perfectly legal for you to manually insert a part
definition. Therefore we're left with option b) Lars' send patch is
broken as it should really look for and correctly quote the part things
in patches. Still since he's given us pretty characters and pictures
I'll let him off ;)

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

* Re: Broken patches due to MML
@ 1998-12-03 13:07   ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1998-12-03 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 >> Is this brokenness in MML, the send-patch-mechanism, or both?

 Lee> send-patch-mechanism (See below)

Should be fixed, according to Lars.

 Lee> There is a way to quote the part thingies which I can't actually
 Lee> remember at the moment, and no message doesn't automatically
 Lee> quote them because it is perfectly legal for you to manually
 Lee> insert a part definition.

Yes. But I think there should be convenience-functions that
automatically quote this stuff. At least `message-mml-quote-region' or
something.

	Robbe

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-12-04  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Bihlmeyer <e9426626@stud2.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Yes. But I think there should be convenience-functions that
> automatically quote this stuff. At least `message-mml-quote-region' or
> something.

Yup.  I've added `mml-quote-region' to `C-c C-m C-q' in 0.63.