* nnir search string
@ 1998-08-31  8:06 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1998-08-31  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

This will probably get lost in Lars'uper human output.

Can any kind of  `regexp'  or `boolean'  formula be  used at the  nnir
prompt.  The comments in nnir.el, say a 'string' is expected. But that
word always confuses me.  It gets used to mean just about anything.

It seems any attempt to use a regexp or boolean operator
like:  cake\|cookies  or cake;cookies

(both are supported by "glimpse", the  second one meaning `and' instead of `or')
results in a lenghty stall that never completes.
Is this just on my setup?  Are others able to use regular expressions?

Can any command flags be passed to `glimpse' from the `G G' command prompt?

What problems are encountered trying to impliment the use of the
`glimpse' -F flag?  (can be used to restrict the search)

--

Harry Putnam  reader@newsguy.com