From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Subject: Changes in Group/customize
Date: 02 Apr 1998 09:00:18 -0800	[thread overview]

Have there been changes in the functions of 'R' and 'F' in mail groups,
in recent releases?  Using the Group Customize to arrange what comes up
in an 'a' initiated message, 'r' initiated message is not working for
all replys in my recently established 'ding' mail group.

Doing a reply 'R' turns up the posters address instead of the groups
address, even though I have set the first two items in customize to the
address of the group.

Only way I can get the group address into the posting is with 'F' and I
only like to use 'wide-reply' very selectively.

I have set the 'broken reply-to both ways with no change in behavior
after a restart.

Going back to 5.6.2 shows the same behavior, checking further here I see
this is true in all my mail groups.

I don't believe this was always the way it worked so either I have
mucked up something recently or have been sending alot of wide replies
unknowingly.  Of course there is a the third possibility that I have
been too dead headed to notice it was always like that.

--

Harry Putnam  reader@newsguy.com