* NNTP message-id fetch from foreign group server
@ 1998-03-05 15:45 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1998-03-05 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

The native NNTP server I'm reading from, is a leafnode server
	<URL:http://www.troll.no/freebies/leafnode.html>
running on another machine in the LAN.  Occasionally I would like to
fetch an article based on message-id, either by using
	M-^
or by using
	C-c ^
when standing on a message-id in an article.

However, if leafnode isn't already fetching the group the article
occured in, it doesn't find it.

What I would like to do, is to try to find it locally first, and if
that doesn't work, read it from the NNTP server my local leafnode
server gets its newsfeed from.

Does anyone already have a hack for this, or an idea as to how this
could be achieved?

Thanx!

- Steinar

PS Hm... can gnus-secondary-servers be used for this, I wonder...?
Nah... doesn't appear to be so, from the documentation...

* Re: NNTP message-id fetch from foreign group server
@ 1998-03-07 13:22 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-03-07 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> What I would like to do, is to try to find it locally first, and if
> that doesn't work, read it from the NNTP server my local leafnode
> server gets its newsfeed from.

Uhm...  We have `gnus-refer-article-method', but it can't be a list of
methods to be tried when trying to fetch an article by Message-ID.  So
I think you'll have to hack around a bit to do this.