* format=flowed flawed?
@ 2003-07-02 16:11 Matthias Andree
From: Matthias Andree @ 2003-07-02 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am using a somewhat recent CVS Gnus, and I am wondering if Gnus'
format=flowed support is correct.

Please consider Message-ID: <bds3ii$10eu4j$2@ID-131796.news.dfncis.de>,
in de.comm.software.mailserver (01 Jul 2003 15:47:30 +0200, from Roland
Wolters).

This is what a body section looks like in Tin:

>>meldet er sich dort in eienr normalen Session zuerst mit dem 'Helo' an,
>>es folgt die Antowrt des Servers ('250-...'), danach kommt ein 'Mail
>>From: rolandwolters@web.de' und ein 'Rcpt To: soundos@xyz.de'.
>
> Wenn das so kommt, sind Mailclient und Mailservern kaputt.
>
> 1. die spitzen Klammern in MAIL FROM und RCPT TO fehlen; und:
>
> 2. HELO darf keine mehrzeiligen Antworten der Art 250- nach sich ziehen

And this is what it looks like in Gnus (yes the indentation is a
verbatim copy & paste):

>>meldet er sich dort in eienr normalen Session zuerst mit dem 'Helo' an,
>>es folgt die Antowrt des Servers ('250-...'), danach kommt ein 'Mail
>>From: rolandwolters@web.de' und ein 'Rcpt To: soundos@xyz.de'.
> Wenn das so kommt, sind Mailclient und Mailservern kaputt.
> 1. die spitzen Klammern in MAIL FROM und RCPT TO fehlen; und: 2. HELO
> darf keine mehrzeiligen Antworten der Art 250- nach sich ziehen

Apparently, Gnus chose to reformat this quoted part; this doesn't look
right to me.

Besides that, it seems (for a while now) that ^, AR and AT are totally
hosed, and C-u 50 M-g also behaves in a different way from q C-u 50 RET.

I suffered from .newsrc.eld corruption a while back, but can this be the
root of this AR/AT problem? I get all sorts of errors "This is a
pseudo-article" or when pressing AT, I see the root of the thread I'm
looking at, but all leaves in the thread that were visible before disappear.

--
Matthias Andree