* mail attachments not attached - gnus-5.8.6
@ 2000-05-23 21:17 Miroslav Zubcic
From: Miroslav Zubcic @ 2000-05-23 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello to all.

I'm using XEmacs and Gnus approx. year and half. Ocasionaly I must
send via mail attachemnts tarballs etc... Today I realised that my
gnus-5.8.6 is broken in that particular moment.

I wrote the text; `C-c C-a' (or `M-m f' it's same problem) one tarball
and then `C-c C-c'. People told me I was sending them a blank
attachment. Only text was in message. When I attach file I se "#part
blabla" but I don't see on a second in the minibuffer "encoding
base64..."  like before. I tryed 7 -8 times and messages was always
without attachment, when i look in my local /var/spool/mqueue dfXXX
file I see message have `-=-=-' and Content-Type multipart/mixed, but
I don't see base 64 encoded tarbaal.

I'm using XEmacs 21.1-8. With old Gnus 5.8.3 attachments was OK. Is
this bug known to somebody here? Are there avaiable patches for this?
Am I missing something?

Thank you for any help...

--
This signature intentionally left blank

* Re: mail attachments not attached - gnus-5.8.6
@ 2000-05-24  6:25 ` Peter Weiss - Sun Germany ENS Engineer Mission Critical - Munich
From: Peter Weiss - Sun Germany ENS Engineer Mission Critical - Munich @ 2000-05-24  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Miroslav> Hello to all.
Miroslav> I'm using XEmacs and Gnus approx. year and half. Ocasionaly I must
Miroslav> send via mail attachemnts tarballs etc... Today I realised that my
Miroslav> gnus-5.8.6 is broken in that particular moment.

Miroslav> I wrote the text; `C-c C-a' (or `M-m f' it's same problem) one tarball
Miroslav> and then `C-c C-c'. People told me I was sending them a blank
Miroslav> attachment. Only text was in message. When I attach file I se "#part
Miroslav> blabla" but I don't see on a second in the minibuffer "encoding
Miroslav> base64..."  like before. I tryed 7 -8 times and messages was always
Miroslav> without attachment, when i look in my local /var/spool/mqueue dfXXX
Miroslav> file I see message have `-=-=-' and Content-Type multipart/mixed, but
Miroslav> I don't see base 64 encoded tarbaal.

Hello Miroslav,

    this is a knownbug in 5.8.6. I upgraded to the latest snapshot and since
    then everything works fine and smoothly.

    Peter

--
Peter Weiss

CLASS Firmengruppe           phone  +49 (0)8151 / 991 - 512
Moosstrasse 7                fax    +49 (0)8151 / 991 - 229
D-82319 Starnberg            mobil  0172/ 83 79 125
http://www.class.de          mailto:Peter.Weiss@Class.de

* Re: mail attachments not attached - gnus-5.8.6
@ 2000-05-24 11:26   ` Miroslav Zubcic
From: Miroslav Zubcic @ 2000-05-24 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Weiss - Sun Germany ENS Engineer Mission Critical - Munich <Peter.Weiss@germany.sun.com> writes:

> Hello Miroslav,
>
>     this is a knownbug in 5.8.6. I upgraded to the latest snapshot and since
>     then everything works fine and smoothly.

Thank you, now I know that I didn't guilty. :-)

May I ask one realy realy stupid question? :-( ... I was never
download things from CVS... I never needed to do this. Please give me
short help guide how to do this...

Sorry, but I realy don't know how to use CVS. Or 5.8.7 is out already?

--

@ 2000-05-24 11:37     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-05-24 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Miroslav Zubcic <miroslav.zubcic@zesoi.fer.hr> writes:

> Sorry, but I realy don't know how to use CVS. Or 5.8.7 is out already?

You don't need to use CVS if you don't want to.  ftp.gnus.org contains
a snapshots directory which contains normal tarballs, except that
these are automatically created every night, without any testing at
all.

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: mail attachments not attached - gnus-5.8.6
@ 2000-05-25 17:35       ` Lee Cantey
From: Lee Cantey @ 2000-05-25 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Miroslav Zubcic <miroslav.zubcic@zesoi.fer.hr> writes:
>> Sorry, but I realy don't know how to use CVS. Or 5.8.7 is out
>> already?

I too ran into this problem (painfully).  It doesn't appear that 5.8.7
is out yet.

> You don't need to use CVS if you don't want to.  ftp.gnus.org
> contains a snapshots directory which contains normal tarballs,
> except that these are automatically created every night, without any
> testing at all.

That's a good workaround (I just pulled CVS and kept on going).  But I
feel that this bug alone is enough of a problem to warrant a new 5.8.7
release.  Lars, are you there?

Lee.

* Re: mail attachments not attached - gnus-5.8.6
@ 2000-05-25 18:54       ` Miroslav Zubcic
From: Miroslav Zubcic @ 2000-05-25 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Miroslav Zubcic <miroslav.zubcic@zesoi.fer.hr> writes:
>
> > Sorry, but I realy don't know how to use CVS. Or 5.8.7 is out already?
>
> You don't need to use CVS if you don't want to.  ftp.gnus.org contains
> a snapshots directory which contains normal tarballs, except that
> these are automatically created every night, without any testing at
> all.
>
> kai

I didn't know that ftp site have devel. version. I will download new
one tommorow.

Thank you Kai and all who helped me.

--
This signature intentionally left blank