* Attaching notes to messages
@ 1999-10-10 14:58 Hannu Koivisto
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 1999-10-10 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

Has anyone thought about or, even better, implemented some way of
attaching arbitrary notes to messages?  Many times I mark some
messages with important URLs or other information persistent and
ticked, but usually their subjects don't give any indication of the
reason why I saved them, so I can't later find them just by
interactively searching for something in the summary buffer.

Built-in full-text regexp search or using some external indexing
engine may help in some cases, but not always.  The reason why I
saved the article may not show from its contents or headers and my
brains associate information based on this kind of reasons.  So,
after I've read some article that I consider worth saving, I'd like
to press some key that would, for the speed's sake, do `*', `!'/`?'
and open a buffer for notes that I can then write about the
article.  These attached notes should be searchable so that if a
match is found, one could get to the article they are attached to.

--
Hannu