* Different values of mail-sources for different nnml backends?
@ 1999-07-14 14:44 Paul Stodghill
From: Paul Stodghill @ 1999-07-14 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to have different values of `mail-sources' associated with
different nnml backends?

Here is my scenario:

I use two different POP mail drops, popsrv.cs.cornell.edu for personal mail
and postoffice.mail.cornell.edu for mailing lists. I do this so that I can
have a biff running on popsrv and not be bothered by all of the list
messages.

Now, what I would like to do is have (nnml "") get its new mail from popsrv
and (nnml "lists") get its new mail from postoffice. This way I can dial in
and download my personal messages without downloading the list message.

I tried creating two such servers and adding `mail-sources' with the
appropriate values to the server parameters of each, and setting the global
value of `mail-sources' to nil . It didn't work. Neither server got any new
mail. It appears that the global value of `mail-sources' was taking effect,
and the server parameters weren't.

Is it possible to make this work? Is there a simpler way to get the same
result?

Thanks!

--
Paul Stodghill <stodghil@cs.cornell.edu>
Dept. of Computer Science, Upson Hall, Ithaca, NY  14853