* Processing digests in non-RFC format?
@ 2004-02-18 11:34 Jonas Steverud
From: Jonas Steverud @ 2004-02-18 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I use Gnus v5.10.6 (will start use No Gnus RSN) and I receive a digest
from a swedish web forum/discussion board everuy day. The problem is
that they have in all their luserdoom invented a digest format of
their own so I need to do quite some washing.

What I recieve:

Each email is a digest with one email for each forum I read. Each
digest contains all messages in that forum for the last 24 hours with
a line of dashes (-) between. They use ^M for EOL marker. Each message
contains the *swedish* words for Subject (Ämne), From (Inlagt av)
and Date (Datum). The individual messages also contains some HTML
(e.g. <br>).

What I want to do:

I want to make Gnus call a function (e.g. js-gnus-wash-digest) wich
will wash the digest so that Gnus can recognize it as a number of
seperate emails and present it as if I received a number of separate emails.

I archived this for about a year ago with the help of procmail, sed
and formail but I have changed mail delivery method since then (from
sendmail on a Solaris system to POP on a Mac - and no, I do not want
to use fetchmail and configure some MTA to handle the email locally
just so I can use that ad hoc kludge again, to much work and hassle).

My main problem is to which hook to add this js-gnus-wash-digest
function and will Gnus see that there are several emails and not just
one? The implementation of js-gnus-wash-digest is quite
straightforward I think, a number of regexp replacements.

Did anyone understand what I'm looking for?

--
(        http://hem.bredband.net/steverud/        !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )

* Re: Processing digests in non-RFC format?
@ 2004-05-16 18:13 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-05-16 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <tvrud@bredband.net> writes:

> I use Gnus v5.10.6 (will start use No Gnus RSN) and I receive a digest
> from a swedish web forum/discussion board everuy day. The problem is
> that they have in all their luserdoom invented a digest format of
> their own so I need to do quite some washing.

Well, you can probably use nndoc with a bit of hacking...