* pgpmime in another client?
@ 2004-02-19 13:59 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2004-02-19 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Several folks are having difficulty posting to some OASIS mailing lists.
We're all using gnus. The problem is that someone drops the MIME delimiter
before the first (or all the leading?) text part of the message.

The fact that we're all using gnus either means something or it doesn't.
I don't know which.

Does anyone know of another Unix or Windoze mail client that can send
pgpmime messages? I'd like to eliminate gnus and demonstrate that the
problem is not on our end.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The art of living is more like
http://nwalsh.com/            | wrestling than dancing.--Marcus Aurelius

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: pgpmime in another client?
@ 2004-02-19 16:28 ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2004-02-19 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

· Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of another Unix or Windoze mail client that can send
> pgpmime messages? I'd like to eliminate gnus and demonstrate that the
> problem is not on our end.

mutt and others...

<URL:http://www.spinnaker.de/mutt/rfc2015.html>

Cheers, Ray
--
<18:22> It's actually pretty easy to bind keys with Javascript. So there's
really no reason not to implement Gnus in Javascript. <21:02> Ok; I've now

* Re: pgpmime in another client?
@ 2004-02-19 21:15 ` Walter Franzini
From: Walter Franzini @ 2004-02-19 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> Several folks are having difficulty posting to some OASIS mailing lists.
> We're all using gnus. The problem is that someone drops the MIME delimiter
> before the first (or all the leading?) text part of the message.
>
> The fact that we're all using gnus either means something or it doesn't.
> I don't know which.

A quick search with google for "multipart boundary mime ezmlm" found
two interesting links:

http://www.csi.hu/mw/ezmlm-idx_mimeremove_bug.txt

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/505/2002/5/0/8800194/

Maybe gnus gurus can look at it.

ciao
--
Walter Franzini, e-mail: walter@sys-net.it
SysNet, Via Dossi 8, 27100 Pavia - Italy

* Re: pgpmime in another client?
@ 2004-02-19 21:35   ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2004-02-19 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ Walter Franzini <walter@sys-net.it> was heard to say:
| A quick search with google for "multipart boundary mime ezmlm" found
| two interesting links:
|
| http://www.csi.hu/mw/ezmlm-idx_mimeremove_bug.txt

Most interesting indeed. Just before reading this message, I concluded
that the only significant difference between mail from gnus (which
doesn't work) and mail from Evolution (which does) is that gnus sends:

  From: ...
  Other-headers: xxx

  --a boundary

  The content

and Evolution sends

  From: ...
  Other-headers: xxx

  --a boundary

  The content

So, is there any way for me to tell gnus to always send the content
type, even when it apparently thinks it can default it?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Growth for the sake of growth is the
http://nwalsh.com/            | ideology of the cancer cell.--Edward

@ 2004-02-19 22:00     ` Walter Franzini
From: Walter Franzini @ 2004-02-19 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

[...]

> So, is there any way for me to tell gnus to always send the content
> type, even when it apparently thinks it can default it?

Maybe:

mml-insert-mime-headers-always's value is nil

Documentation:
If non-nil, always put Content-Type: text/plain at top of empty parts.
It is necessary to work against a bug in certain clients.

@ 2004-02-19 23:40       ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2004-02-19 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)