* Respool with nnmaildir
@ 2003-07-09 21:21 Thomas Hühn
From: Thomas Hühn @ 2003-07-09 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Respooling mails from a nnmaildir group to other nnmaildir groups
doesn't seem to work.

B-t shows the correct destination (according to mail splitting) but B-r
only does as if Gnus is moving the mails, but actually it isn't.

Does nnmaildir support respooling? If not, I suggest to document it and
to make B-r fail in an obvious way.

Thomas

* Re: Respool with nnmaildir
@ 2003-07-09 21:50 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2003-07-09 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

ding@daphne.gnuu.de (Thomas Hühn) wrote:
> B-t shows the correct destination (according to mail splitting) but B-r
> only does as if Gnus is moving the mails, but actually it isn't.
>
> Does nnmaildir support respooling?

I would put it differently: Gnus does not support respooling with
nnmaildir.  This came up once before:
<URL:http://news.gmane.org/onethread.php?group=gmane.emacs.gnus.general&root=%3C877kjtm1vl.fsf%40mail.paradoxical.net%3E>

The 7th, 8th, and the last 7 messages are relevant.

> If not, I suggest to document it and to make B-r fail in an obvious
> way.

It could be documented (though fixing it would of course be better).
But nnmaildir-request-accept-article is used for more than just
respooling; I don't know whether changing it to fail in this case
might break other things.

paul