* Gnus & GnuPG.
@ 2001-02-06 18:36 Mattias Ahnberg
From: Mattias Ahnberg @ 2001-02-06 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are any of you people using GnuPG to encrypt/sign your mails? I just
started using it, but I've stumbled into problems since Mailcrypt (the
only tool I've found to integrate it with Gnus, so far) doesn't really
fancy international characters.

So. Any tips, pointers, other tools or anything that could be of use
to me?

/ahnberg.

* Re: Gnus & GnuPG.
@ 2001-02-06 19:43 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-02-06 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Mattias Ahnberg <mattias@ahnberg.pp.se> writes:

> Are any of you people using GnuPG to encrypt/sign your mails? I just
> started using it, but I've stumbled into problems since Mailcrypt (the
> only tool I've found to integrate it with Gnus, so far) doesn't really
> fancy international characters.
>
> So. Any tips, pointers, other tools or anything that could be of use
> to me?

Try OGnus, and put $gnus/contrib in your load-path to make Gnus find
gpg.el.  OGnus have integrated PGP/SMIME support, but make use of
external libraries (mailcrypt or, preferrably, gpg.el).

* Re: Gnus & GnuPG.
@ 2001-02-06 23:19   ` Mattias Ahnberg
From: Mattias Ahnberg @ 2001-02-06 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> "SJ" == Simon Josefsson <sj@extundo.com> writes:

SJ> Try OGnus, and put $gnus/contrib in your load-path to make Gnus find
SJ> gpg.el.  OGnus have integrated PGP/SMIME support, but make use of
SJ> external libraries (mailcrypt or, preferrably, gpg.el).

Hmm, might be working a little bit better, but at the same time not. I
might on the other hand be missing some configuration directives or
so, gpg.el isn't really to heavily documented. :)

Am I supposed to be using both mailcrypt and gpg.el? Or just gpg.el,
if I can? If I chose just to use gpg.el, what do I need to configure
to be able to sign, encrypt, verify and check stuff?

The main problem I seem to be having when using mailcrypt is that
people sending signed mails to me, using for example Mutt, seem to be
sending the mails as a multipart MIME mail, and mailcrypt doesn't seem
to figure this out.

The mails I send to him that I sign looks peachy for him though, and
the mails I send to myself works neat. But not from other
programs. Perhaps just his mutt that is wrongly configured to send it
like that? I'm pretty new to this signing/encrypting mail things, so
I am not really sure where to start digging around.

/ahnberg.

* Re: Gnus & GnuPG.
@ 2001-02-06 23:36     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-06 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mattias Ahnberg <mattias@ahnberg.pp.se> writes:

> >> "SJ" == Simon Josefsson <sj@extundo.com> writes:
>
> SJ> Try OGnus, and put $gnus/contrib in your load-path to make Gnus find
> SJ> gpg.el.  OGnus have integrated PGP/SMIME support, but make use of
> SJ> external libraries (mailcrypt or, preferrably, gpg.el).
>
> Hmm, might be working a little bit better, but at the same time not. I
> might on the other hand be missing some configuration directives or
> so, gpg.el isn't really to heavily documented. :)
>
> Am I supposed to be using both mailcrypt and gpg.el? Or just gpg.el,
> if I can? If I chose just to use gpg.el, what do I need to configure
> to be able to sign, encrypt, verify and check stuff?

There is a node called "Using GPG" in gnus.texi.  (It was not listed
in the Top node. I've fixed it.)

> The main problem I seem to be having when using mailcrypt is that
> people sending signed mails to me, using for example Mutt, seem to be
> sending the mails as a multipart MIME mail, and mailcrypt doesn't seem
> to figure this out.

> The mails I send to him that I sign looks peachy for him though, and
> the mails I send to myself works neat. But not from other
> programs. Perhaps just his mutt that is wrongly configured to send it
> like that? I'm pretty new to this signing/encrypting mail things, so
> I am not really sure where to start digging around.

The default setting of mutt is somewhat wrong for using GnuPG. Mutt
wrongfully sets micalg to pgp-md5, but GnuPG uses SHA1 as the default
value.

ShengHuo

--
(setq gnus-posting-styles '((".*" (signature-file "~/.signature"))))

* Re: Gnus & GnuPG.
@ 2001-02-07  7:26 ` Kevin A. Burton
From: Kevin A. Burton @ 2001-02-07  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

NORAD genetic supercomputer PLO World Trade Center South Africa domestic
disruption Soviet North Korea Kennedy BATF Ortega Waco, Texas Panama jihad