Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes: Hi, > Kaspar Landsberg writes: > > > Btw, coming back to the original problem: It is apparently only related to > > pgnus-0.97 because everything works fine with Gnus v5.5. > > Try this URL: http://www.gnus.org/list-archives/ding/199910/msg00359.html > > It contains stuff about setting the locale. Does that work for you? that URL refers to my own mail. ;-) And as i said in that mail, i tried all the stuff suggested there without success. The problem still remains. But (as i also said) i was not very sure where or how to put those environment variables to make xemacs take them into consideration. I tried quite some variants (like exporting a variable after starting X, before, in an X-term, etc.) but all that didnt help. Now for the time being i am back to Gnus v5.5 but if this error message is originating from a bug (and since everything appears to work fine with v5.5 i think it does), it should get fixed. Bye, Kasi -- Kaspar Landsberg,