* [0.88] Topic redisplay bug
@ 1999-06-19 19:27 Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 1999-06-19 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

When topic mode is enabled [t] and we display all groups via [L] and
go to the 'root' ie. "Gnus" and hide it [RET] the topic dispears
unlike other topics which are just folded. It cannot be reached again
neither [RET] nor [l-L]. It happens only when no articles are unread.
/S
--
* Suavek Zak (Systems Administrator)
* email: zaks@im.pw.edu.pl   voice: +48 (0) 22 674 66 79

* Re: [0.88] Topic redisplay bug
@ 1999-07-03 10:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-03 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

zaks@prioris.im.pw.edu.pl (Slawek Zak) writes:

> When topic mode is enabled [t] and we display all groups via [L] and
> go to the 'root' ie. "Gnus" and hide it [RET] the topic dispears
> unlike other topics which are just folded. It cannot be reached again
> neither [RET] nor [l-L]. It happens only when no articles are unread.

Hm.  If I try `L M-< RET', I get a buffer that looks like

[ Gnus -- 5505 ]...

So I don't seem to be able to reproduce this bug.

* Re: [0.88] Topic redisplay bug
@ 1999-07-03 18:59   ` Gunnar Evermann
From: Gunnar Evermann @ 1999-07-03 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> zaks@prioris.im.pw.edu.pl (Slawek Zak) writes:
>
> > When topic mode is enabled [t] and we display all groups via [L] and
> > go to the 'root' ie. "Gnus" and hide it [RET] the topic dispears
> > unlike other topics which are just folded. It cannot be reached again
> > neither [RET] nor [l-L]. It happens only when no articles are unread.
>
> Hm.  If I try `L M-< RET', I get a buffer that looks like
>
> [ Gnus -- 5505 ]...
>
> So I don't seem to be able to reproduce this bug.

I see this sometimes while (or after) using the Sun Workshop support
in XEmacs. Also the extents that encode the topic structure sometimes
seem to be out of sync with the actually displayed groups, i.e. I have
to place the cursor one line above (or below) the topic label to fold
the topic. All very weird and extremely annoying. I have seen this
from time to time for ages, but never got around to debugging it :-(

I guess it's actually a bug in XEmacs or the workshop code. I'll have
a look as soon as possible...

 Gunnar
--
    Gunnar Evermann
Speech, Vision & Robotics Group

* Re: [0.88] Topic redisplay bug
@ 1999-07-03 21:50   ` Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 1999-07-03 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

** Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
Lars> zaks@prioris.im.pw.edu.pl (Slawek Zak) writes:
>> When topic mode is enabled [t] and we display all groups via [L]
>> and go to the 'root' ie. "Gnus" and hide it [RET] the topic
>> dispears unlike other topics which are just folded. It cannot be
>> reached again neither [RET] nor [l-L]. It happens only when no
>> articles are unread.                              ^^^^

Lars> Hm.  If I try `L M-< RET', I get a buffer that looks like
Lars> [ Gnus -- 5505 ]...
Lars> So I don't seem to be able to reproduce this bug.
Yes, but I thought of the [ Gnus -- 0 ] case, ie no unread articles.

--

@ 1999-07-04 19:54     ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-07-04 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gunnar Evermann <ge204@eng.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> I see this sometimes while (or after) using the Sun Workshop support
> in XEmacs. Also the extents that encode the topic structure sometimes
> seem to be out of sync with the actually displayed groups,

While we're at it: sometimes, the mouse highlights for the current
group in the group buffer are wrong (the highlight starts in the
middle of a group name and extends to the next line).  Usually, one g
or another l cure the problem.

I have seen this for ages now, sorry for not reporting the bug for so
long a time -- but I have not found a way to reproduce it.

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: [0.88] Topic redisplay bug
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-05  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.im.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> Yes, but I thought of the [ Gnus -- 0 ] case, ie no unread articles.

Ok, I've now tried that as well, and I still can't get the line to
disappear by `RET'-ing it...