* Find out server mail is split to?
@ 1998-11-12 11:16 Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1998-11-12 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I find out which server mail is split to?  Sometimes, it is the
car of gnus-secondary-select-methods, sometimes it is
gnus-select-method, and I'm sure other values are also possible.

The Gnus code has got to have a way to find the right server, so there
must be a way for me, too.  Only, what is that way?

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: Find out server mail is split to?
@ 1998-11-13 19:05 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-13 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> How do I find out which server mail is split to?  Sometimes, it is the
> car of gnus-secondary-select-methods, sometimes it is
> gnus-select-method, and I'm sure other values are also possible.
>
> The Gnus code has got to have a way to find the right server, so there
> must be a way for me, too.  Only, what is that way?

All backends that ask for mail will get mail, if there are any.  This
means that the mail backend that's activated first gets most mail, and
the others get little mail.

`nn*-get-new-mail' are used to switch this off for the mail backends
that really shouldn't be snarfing mail.

* Re: Find out server mail is split to?
@ 1998-11-13 22:18   ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1998-11-13 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > All backends that ask for mail will get mail, if there are any.  This
  > means that the mail backend that's activated first gets most mail, and
  > the others get little mail.
  >
  > `nn*-get-new-mail' are used to switch this off for the mail backends
  > that really shouldn't be snarfing mail.

Okay, so I go through gnus-select-method and
gnus-secondary-select-methods in order, and the first backend which
groks respool and where nnchoke-get-new-mail is true, that's the right
one?

kai

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-13 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Okay, so I go through gnus-select-method and
> gnus-secondary-select-methods in order, and the first backend which
> groks respool and where nnchoke-get-new-mail is true, that's the
> right one?

Yes, I think so.