* point movement bug?
@ 2019-02-24 23:40 Leo Liu
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Leo Liu @ 2019-02-24 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi there,

I am using Gnus from Emacs always. I have noticed that point could move
randomly when going back to summary buffer by typing `=' in the article
buffer. The issue started to appear probably since Emacs 25 but I didn't
stumble upon a recipe to reproduce the issue until just now.

See the attached screenshot of a thread.

1. Visit the first article in a thread and make sure to move point to
   the article buffer.

2. Press `n' to move to next article while point is still in the article
   buffer.

3. Press `n' again

4. Press `='

At this point the article buffer is hidden and point is moved back to
the summary buffer. But instead of being placed on the article you last
read it is moved to the article before entering the article buffer.

I found this new behaviour very confusing. Sometimes I have pressed `n'
many times in the article buffer and the summary buffer indicates where
the point will be (by showing an empty square) but as soon as pressing
`=' it changes.

Leo