* reading non-mime emails encoded with windows-1251
@ 2004-01-11 11:18 Nedko Arnaudov
From: Nedko Arnaudov @ 2004-01-11 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I have email that has non-mime body with windows-1251 chars. I want
such mails (with unknown encoding system) to be showed using
windows-1251 charset. I'm using XEmacs 21.4.14 with mule. My default
font has support for windows-1251.

I've set these in my init.el

(set-default-buffer-file-coding-system 'windows-1251)
(set-buffer-file-coding-system-for-read 'windows-1251)

When I display the received email in article buffer it has
undecided buffer-file-coding-system (Auto in modeline).

I guess I must set some variable or call some function to specify
default coding for non-mime mails but I don't know what
function/variable is it.
--
Nedko Arnaudov

* Re: reading non-mime emails encoded with windows-1251
@ 2004-01-11 13:06 ` Karl Pflästerer
From: Karl Pflästerer @ 2004-01-11 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h f gnus-summary-show-article RET ]
| `gnus-summary-show-article' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
|   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
| (gnus-summary-show-article &optional ARG)
|
| Documentation:
| Force redisplaying of the current article.
| If ARG (the prefix) is a number, show the article with the charset
| defined in `gnus-summary-show-article-charset-alist', or the charset
| input.
| If ARG (the prefix) is non-nil and not a number, show the raw article
| without any article massaging functions being run.  Normally, the key
| strokes are `C-u g'.
`----

and

,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-show-article-charset-alist RET ]
| `gnus-summary-show-article-charset-alist' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
|
| Value: ((1 . iso-8859-1) (2 iso-8859-15))
|
| Documentation:
| Alist of number and charset.
| The article will be shown with the charset corresponding to the
| numbered argument.
| For example: ((1 . cn-gb-2312) (2 . big5)).
`----

   KP

--
And as in uffish thought he stood,