From: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: gnus-newsgroup-unseen gives gnus-dup-unsuppress-article error
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:39:49 -0400	[thread overview]

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com wrote:
> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> You probably have spam-mark-only-unseen-as-spam set to t (the
>> default), right?  In that case the error is with
>> gnus-newsgroup-unseen, it's somehow giving us articles that trigger
>> an error when I try to apply the spam-mark to them (in
>> gnus-dup-unsuppress-article).  Can you try to debug
>> gnus-dup-unsuppress-article, using debug statements, to see where
>> the arrayp error is occurring?  Since I can't duplicate your
>> problem, you need to trace through it on your side.
>
> Personally, I don't see the connection to the agent.  I've put
> together this much but I don't use the spam features so this is
> about all that I can do.

You must be using the spam features, if spam-mark-junk-as-spam-routine
is getting called.  What else is in your summary exit hooks?  Maybe
something is removing articles from gnus-newsgroup-data before
spam-mark-junk-as-spam-routine gets to it?

Can you look for the article that triggers this error, e.g. 552, and
see if it really is in that group?  Also see if it is in
gnus-newsgroup-unseen the next time you enter the group.

Add a hook to summary entry and summary exit (before
spam-mark-junk-as-spam-routine and eveyrthing else in the summary exit
hook) that does (debug gnus-newsgroup-unseen gnus-newsgroup-data).
That way, you can see if the article really is in the unseen list, and
if it's in the newsgroup data as well.

That's all the ideas I have.  I'll be offline until Monday, so someone
else should commit patches against spam.el regarding this problem if
they are needed.

Thanks
Ted