* parts, we have parts
@ 2001-08-23  0:01 Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 2001-08-23  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just received a message from a friend that had a file attached. My
status bar says "2 parts" but there is no indication of the second
part displayed in the body of the message itself. Is this a new
feature?

--
Michael D. Harnois                   bilocational bivocational
Pastor, Redeemer Lutheran Church                Washburn, Iowa

* Re: parts, we have parts
@ 2001-08-23  5:06 ` Amos Gouaux
From: Amos Gouaux @ 2001-08-23  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

mh> I just received a message from a friend that had a file attached. My
mh> status bar says "2 parts" but there is no indication of the second
mh> part displayed in the body of the message itself. Is this a new
mh> feature?

Maybe do M-t to see if any buttons popup?  To do that all the time,
you could try the following (I think recently mentioned by Kai).

    ;; Always show buttons, even if attachment is rendered inline.
    (setq gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types nil)

--
Amos

* Re: parts, we have parts
@ 2001-08-23  7:45   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-08-23  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.ding@utdallas.edu> writes:

> Maybe do M-t to see if any buttons popup?  To do that all the time,
> you could try the following (I think recently mentioned by Kai).
>
>     ;; Always show buttons, even if attachment is rendered inline.
>     (setq gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types nil)

No, that came from somebody else, I think.  Never really learned about
this variable...

kai
--
Symbol's function definition is void: signature

* Re: parts, we have parts
@ 2001-08-23  8:09 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-08-23  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Harnois <mharnois@cpinternet.com> writes:

> I just received a message from a friend that had a file attached. My
> status bar says "2 parts" but there is no indication of the second
> part displayed in the body of the message itself. Is this a new
> feature?

What sort of file was the file that was attached?  And did `K b' do
anything interesting?