* citation and flow-filling
@ 2001-05-23 19:22 Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-05-23 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

When flow-filling an article with quoted material, Gnus treats space
as a non-quote character, even when it is followed by a quote
character (">") and is preceded by only quote characters.  This is
what RFC 2646 says it ought to do, but in practice, it breaks.  Gnus
actually breaks this itself, because when quoting, "> " is prepended
to each line.  If the line already starts with a quoting character,
then only ">" should be prepended.

Can either of these already be configured the way I want them?  I see
message-cite-prefix-regexp, but I don't think it's used for
flow-filling, or citation in replies.  If not, I'd be happy to add the
code, if someone can point me in the right direction.

Also, is there an existing function I can add to message-send-hook or
some such to make my messages format=flowed?

paul