From: Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Agent and active nntp connections
Date: 31 Aug 2000 20:38:41 -0400	[thread overview]

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

> I'd expect that when I unplug the agent, it would close all
> connections to nntp servers.  After all, it marks them closed in the
> server list, but it leaves around " *server...*" buffers and both
> netstat and M-x list-processes confirm that they're still there.

Some more information... I believe that something is broken,
but I'm getting lost deep in nntp.el.

Here's what I'm seeing under edebug:

* I J j and unplug the agent.  It starts closing servers.

* The first call to nntp-close-server finds a process with
  (nntp-find-connection nntp-server-buffer).  It properly closes the
  first nntp server.

* The second one doesn't find a connection, because
  nntp-connection-alist is nil.

* Quitting gnus works, because nntp-request-close uses
  nntp-connection-list, which has everything.

I'm lost... help somebody!

71 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes, 42 seconds till we run away.
Postmen never die, they just lose their zip.