Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > Turbo Fredriksson writes: > > > There was a very nice way (variable) to do this, and many other > > things in 0.84 (which I'm using) which was called > > 'gnus-posting-style-alist'. > > The posting styles used to work by setting variables locally in the > Message buffer. This mechanism made it quite breakable and somewhat > unpredictable. The new mechanism sets no variables, but inserts (or > arranges for insertions) directly into the buffer, thereby letting > people see what the posting style has arranged. Lars, I've been trying to figure out a "good" way to set the envelope header to the right value when setting a different address via posting-styles. Since posting styles only changes content in the buffer and sets no variables I'm struggling with the right way to get this to work... Currently, I'm using the patch below. *Don't* apply it since it is using a hack to set user-mail-address. What would be appropriate in gnus-msg.el? I assume what is in message.el is ok (at least it seems to be for me)... I tried making user-mail-address a local var, but by the time we got to actually sending the message we're out of the message buffer and into another, so a local var just doesn't work.