* Linespacing again...
@ 1999-08-03 11:25 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1999-08-03 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello world,

Sometimes, when someone sends me HTML mail, w3 changes the interline
spacing. This is really annoying. I asked once before how to fix it,
and got this snippet of code:

(setq w3-user-fonts-take-precedence t)  ; Use my fonts.
(setq w3-user-colors-take-precedence t) ; Use _my_ colors.
(setq w3-honor-stylesheets nil)         ; No, just do it..
(setq w3-use-terminal-characters nil)   ; No weird characters.
(setq w3-horizontal-rule-char 45)       ; I said: no weird characters.
(setq w3-use-terminal-characteristics nil)

which worked just fine in 20.3.1, but I find in 20.4 that it no
longer works.

Anyone know what I should be setting now? To the best of my
knowledge, I'm still using the same W3 mode.

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | So, are you working on finding
http://nwalsh.com/                 | that bug now, or are you leaving
                                   | it until later? Yes.

* Re: Linespacing again...
@ 1999-08-04  1:53 ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1999-08-04  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> Hello world,
>
> Sometimes, when someone sends me HTML mail, w3 changes the interline
> spacing. This is really annoying. I asked once before how to fix it,
> and got this snippet of code:
>
> (setq w3-user-fonts-take-precedence t)  ; Use my fonts.
> (setq w3-user-colors-take-precedence t) ; Use _my_ colors.
> (setq w3-honor-stylesheets nil)         ; No, just do it..
> (setq w3-use-terminal-characters nil)   ; No weird characters.
> (setq w3-horizontal-rule-char 45)       ; I said: no weird characters.
> (setq w3-use-terminal-characteristics nil)
>
> which worked just fine in 20.3.1, but I find in 20.4 that it no
> longer works.
>
> Anyone know what I should be setting now? To the best of my
> knowledge, I'm still using the same W3 mode.

I've had a problem with that w3 resets the variables when it first
displays a page. I've tried using both customize and setq, and I also
tried loading different parts of w3 before setting the vars without
success. I finally ended up putting the w3 settings in its own file
and doing a M-x load-file on it after the first time it displays a
page.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";