* Pterodactyl Gnus v0.9
@ 1998-08-30 18:38 Mark Hovey
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mark Hovey @ 1998-08-30 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just tried pgnus-0.9.  Got a fatal error referring to a void function
definition on with-temp-file.  I am still using Emacs 19.34--could this
be the problem?   I have a version of custom recent enough to work with
gnus-5.6.42.  It was very nearly a disaster--when I quit emacs it
asked me if I wanted to save RMAIL, so I went to look at the buffer, and
it was just the active file!  If I had saved it I would have lost all
800K of my mail!
                Mark Hovey
                mhovey@wesleyan.edu

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.9
@ 1998-08-30 22:32 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-08-30 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Hovey <mhovey@wesleyan.edu> writes:

> Just tried pgnus-0.9.  Got a fatal error referring to a void function
> definition on with-temp-file.  I am still using Emacs 19.34--could this
> be the problem?

Yes.  Pterodactyl Gnus doesn't support Emacs 19.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.9
@ 1998-08-30 22:38 ` Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1998-08-30 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Hovey <mhovey@wesleyan.edu> writes:

> If I had saved it I would have lost all
> 800K of my mail!

An hour or two worth, no? Anyone wants you bad enough, they'll write
again ... :)

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@sbt.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.9
@ 1998-08-30 23:52 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1998-08-30 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Hovey <mhovey@wesleyan.edu> writes:

> Just tried pgnus-0.9.  Got a fatal error referring to a void function
> definition on with-temp-file.  I am still using Emacs 19.34--could this
> be the problem?   I have a version of custom recent enough to work with
> gnus-5.6.42.  It was very nearly a disaster--when I quit emacs it
> asked me if I wanted to save RMAIL, so I went to look at the buffer, and
> it was just the active file!  If I had saved it I would have lost all
> 800K of my mail!

>From lars message:

Slight bug fixes.  I forgot to mention that Pterodactyl Gnus is not
supported by anything older than Emacs 20 and XEmacs 20.  The teens
are definitely over.  If you wish to stick to Emacs/XEmacs 19, the
last version usable there will be Gnus 5.6.43, which will be released
next week some time.

--

Harry Putnam  reader@newsguy.com