* WIBNI - enhanced limiting
@ 2001-08-13 18:40 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-08-13 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could use the Extra Header code that allows
us to limit to custom headers with `/ x ' to set what gets
displayed in the actual summary line at the same time?

Currently `/ x Keywords <RET> WORD <RET> will generate a
limited summary display containing messages that hava a Keywords
header that includes `WORD'.

However the contents of From and Subject fields is what is in that
summary display format line.

How nice it would be if instead of From/subject one could see the Keywords
header displayed.   Something like:

C-u Keywords / x Keywords <RET> WORD <RET>  - would generate a summary
buffer with the same messages but now the Keywords/Subject Headers would be
displayed.

Or:

C-u Date / x Keywords <RET> WORD <RET>  - would generate a summary
Where the Date/Subject headers would be displayed for those same messages.

I hope someone answers with:
Oh, you mean like the stuff Committed to CVS yesterday?

* Re: WIBNI - enhanced limiting
@ 2001-08-17 17:12 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-08-17 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> C-u Date / x Keywords <RET> WORD <RET>  - would generate a summary
> Where the Date/Subject headers would be displayed for those same messages.
>
> I hope someone answers with:
> Oh, you mean like the stuff Committed to CVS yesterday?

I'm afraid not.

This would, like, require altering `gnus-summary-line-format' to
include the extra header when regenerating the summary buffer after
`/ x'-ing.  And in a somewhat complicated fashion, right?  It sounds
kinda fiddly...