* Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-01  7:58 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-10-01  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

So, I'm flapping my wings over to the US today, and will be gone for
two weeks.  I'll probably be checking my mail, but I probably won't
answer any.  (Not that that's going to be a great change, you know.)

I'll be in SF for about ten days (and I'll be attending the Lisp User
Group Meeting), so maybe we could get togetha for something?

*flap* *flap* *flap*

-----
¹) Meaning "me", of course.

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America weX go
@ 1999-10-01 10:13 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1999-10-01 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ¹) Meaning "me", of course.

Hm, `¹' in the Subject line wasn't encoded properly in the copy of
your mail I got.

I can't reproduce it though (previewing this article reveal that it
will DTRT and use QP).

Was it becuase your mail was a news article too?

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-01 11:13 ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1999-10-01 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> So, I'm flapping my wings over to the US today, and will be gone for
> two weeks.  I'll probably be checking my mail, but I probably won't
> answer any.  (Not that that's going to be a great change, you know.)
>
> I'll be in SF for about ten days (and I'll be attending the Lisp User
> Group Meeting), so maybe we could get togetha for something?

Come up to seattle! :)

-bp

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-01 23:27   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-10-01 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

wmperry@aventail.com (William M. Perry) writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> > So, I'm flapping my wings over to the US today, and will be gone for
> > two weeks.  I'll probably be checking my mail, but I probably won't
> > answer any.  (Not that that's going to be a great change, you know.)
> >
> > I'll be in SF for about ten days (and I'll be attending the Lisp User
> > Group Meeting), so maybe we could get togetha for something?
>
> Come up to seattle! :)

What are the date, time and place of LUGM99?

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-07 23:33   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1999-10-07 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

wmperry@aventail.com (William M. Perry) writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> > So, I'm flapping my wings over to the US today, and will be gone for
> > two weeks.  I'll probably be checking my mail, but I probably won't
> > answer any.  (Not that that's going to be a great change, you know.)
> >
> > I'll be in SF for about ten days (and I'll be attending the Lisp User
> > Group Meeting), so maybe we could get togetha for something?
>
> Come up to seattle! :)

Hmm. Someone else that's in Seattle. Anyone else on the list lives
here?

// Just back from a week in Hawaii.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Nearly every complex solution to a programming problem that I

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-08  0:22 ` Matt Pharr
From: Matt Pharr @ 1999-10-08  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'll be in SF for about ten days (and I'll be attending the Lisp User
> Group Meeting), so maybe we could get togetha for something?

So like, yeah.  I was hoping that someone would volunteer to organize
something, but apparently not so, uh, I volunteer.

I suggest that we gather for dinner in SF one of these nights and then go
out for a drink.  Yes, a totally crazy idea.

1. Lars: which days work for you?
2. Everyone else: when's good, who's interested in coming, any particular
   preferences for where to go (I can come up with something if not.)

-matt
--
Matt Pharr                                   mmp@graphics.stanford.edu
<URL:http://graphics.stanford.edu/~mmp>

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-08  4:29     ` John Palmieri
From: John Palmieri @ 1999-10-08  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> wmperry@aventail.com (William M. Perry) writes:
>
> > Come up to seattle! :)
>
> Hmm. Someone else that's in Seattle. Anyone else on the list lives
> here?

Yup.

--
John H. Palmieri
Dept of Mathematics, Box 354350    palmieri@math.washington.edu

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-08 15:44     ` Ken McGlothlen
From: Ken McGlothlen @ 1999-10-08 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

| Hmm. Someone else that's in Seattle. Anyone else on the list lives here?

Several of us, I suspect.  :)

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-09  3:17       ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1999-10-09  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Hedbor, ding

Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@serv.net> writes:

> David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:
>
> | Hmm. Someone else that's in Seattle. Anyone else on the list lives here?
>
> Several of us, I suspect.  :)

I don't live there anymore, but I still work for a company that is in
downtown seattle (8th & Howell in the old Roffe building, near the
convention center bus-tunnel for you seattle-ites).

I'm in town every month or so, and Kyle Jones works at amazon.com now,
which is not too far away from the core downtown seattle.

BTW: If anyone is going to be in ireland the 20th - 29th of this month, let
me know. :)  I'm going to be over there with the family.  Dublin for 2
nights, rathberry (near clonnakilty) for 4 nights, and cork for 2 nights.

-Bill P.

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-14 17:12   ` dave-mlist
From: dave-mlist @ 1999-10-14 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, larsi

Matt> I suggest that we gather for dinner in SF one of these nights and then go
Matt> out for a drink.  Yes, a totally crazy idea.

Are lurkers invited?

Matt> 1. Lars: which days work for you?
Matt> 2. Everyone else: when's good, who's interested in coming, any particular
Matt>    preferences for where to go (I can come up with something if not.)

Just about any day after 7:30pm.
Any place is fine as long as I can get a martini.

Dave

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-10-14 23:32     ` Matt Pharr
From: Matt Pharr @ 1999-10-14 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

dave-mlist@bfnet.com writes:
> Matt> I suggest that we gather for dinner in SF one of these nights and then go
> Matt> out for a drink.  Yes, a totally crazy idea.
>
> Are lurkers invited?

Mais bien sur.  All friends of gnus are welcome.  Sadly, I've heard from
neither Lars nor anyone else, so who knows if the big San Francisco
gathering will happen.  Is he still in the US?

-matt
--

@ 1999-11-06  2:14   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-06  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Hm, `¹' in the Subject line wasn't encoded properly in the copy of
> your mail I got.

[...]

> Was it becuase your mail was a news article too?

Yes, it was news when I sent it out.  Perhaps innd stripped the eight
bit off before sending it to ding@gnus.org?

* Re: Hey ho, hey ho, off to America we¹ go
@ 1999-11-06  2:39       ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-06  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt Pharr <mmp@graphics.stanford.edu> writes:

> Mais bien sur.  All friends of gnus are welcome.  Sadly, I've heard from
> neither Lars nor anyone else, so who knows if the big San Francisco
> gathering will happen.  Is he still in the US?

Uhm; now.  I was too sloshed while I was there to get around to
Getting Organized And Reading Mail And Stuff, so.  *sigh*