* Gnus unplugged Problem
@ 1999-04-29 15:55 Denys Duchier
From: Denys Duchier @ 1999-04-29 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I haven't seen a message on this list since mid-march.
What's going on?  Was I dropped from the mailing list?
When answering, please also CC to me directly, just in case.

I have a question concerning gnus unplugged.  When I start it up I get
an error: "Cannot read partial active file..." I know that this should
only happen when gnus-read-active-file is nil, but it is set to 'some
by default.  I am using pgnus V0.83.  I cannot send more detailed info
at the moment as my laptop just crashed due to a problem with its
power supply.  Does anyone know what the problem is.  I installed
pgnus v0.83 from scratch on a machine that had never been used to read
news before (i.e. no random settings left over from a previous
installation).

--
Dr. Denys Duchier			Denys.Duchier@ps.uni-sb.de
Forschungsbereich Programmiersysteme	(Programming Systems Lab)

* Re: Gnus unplugged Problem
@ 1999-06-12  5:07 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-06-12  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Denys Duchier <Denys.Duchier@ps.uni-sb.de> writes:

> I haven't seen a message on this list since mid-march.

The mailing list is active.

> I have a question concerning gnus unplugged.  When I start it up I get
> an error: "Cannot read partial active file..."

`(setq debug-on-error t)', repeat the bug and mail me the resulting
backtrace.