* searching mail
@ 1999-03-31  2:46 John Saylor
From: John Saylor @ 1999-03-31  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I've been using gnus to read mail, and I like it. One thing I'm
missing is the ability to search my mail messages for a phrase- like
"posting-styles".

I saw Kai had posted something on gnu.emacs.sources to provice an
emacs front end to a search engine which seems nice, but a little high
on overhead. Are there any other options in gnus for searching mail?

Also, what about saving mail? Can anyone offer arguments as to why
it's better to put them all messages in a single big file or many
smaller files?

Anyone who switched from one way to the other? And why?

As always, thanks.

--
\js

"Well, social relevance is a schtick, like mysteries, social relevance,
science fiction..."
-- Art Spiegelman